BENTO BUT NOT BROKEN
An adventure into the world of bento.

Friday, February 8, 2008

No bento, too busy

Last Sat. blockwalked for Obama. Monday....the GI illness arrives, a day later than my fellow block walker. For Super Tuesday I made a chocolate chili, but did not feel well enough to go to the event, and watched at home.
This is the party I missed.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.


Then, Wed. my B-I-L arrived and we took him out to dinner, ho-hum restaurant, Ciao Lavanderia in San Antonio. Won't go there again, I don't care if it is Chef Vatel's.

Thursday night, ate closer to home at the Welfare Cafein Welfare, Texas.



Here we are:



We dined on the best weinerschitzel, etc. German Texas has to offer. My California B-I-L, was astounded at the quality of the food in rural Texas. Hey, we know how to eat here! Live music (which was fantastic) provided by the Welfare Fathers.



We ate the following:

Chicken Fredericksburg


Chicken breast sautéed with peaches, jalapenos and onions. Finished in a white wine cream sauce. Garnished with crumbled pecans. Served with spätzel and vegetable.

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

Lightly smoked medallions of pork tenderloin finished on the grill. Topped with sun dried cherry and molasses glaze. Served with potatoes and vegetable.

and I had:

Holstein schnitzel


Topped with lightly grilled lean black forest ham, asparagus and a “sunny side up” egg, garnished with lemon, capers and anchovy.

No comments: