BENTO BUT NOT BROKEN
An adventure into the world of bento.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Will I be able to do this thing called Bento?

I found a bento blog by accident, Lunch in a box, and after reading the blog and doing more research, I was intrigued. Then I found the just bento blog and just hungry and more and more, and I was hooked. I was so excited that I got my co-worker hooked too! LOL. We both like to cook, and we love to try new foods, so we were off! This week we spent every lunch break reading bento blogs and looking at containers. We even took a "field trip" to a Japanese grocery store near where we work! We came home with lots of goodies, and absolutely no experience. So back to the blogs!

Wednesday, I started rummaging in my kitchen to see what I had for containers that would be suitable, nada, zero, zippo. I have lots of containers, but no lids, or lids with no containers. Is there a gremlin lurking in my big plastic container drawer? My co-worker,DeeCee found fresh-fit through one of the blogs, and we both see a shopping trip in our future over the weekend. We live about 45 miles apart, in 2 different counties, so we'll be shopping at opposite ends of the city. Wonder what we will come up with by Monday morning?

I hope to learn from all the bento bloggers and their gorgeous photos, and hope that by Monday morning I will have 2 containers with lids so I can make beautiful lunches for hubby and me. One goal, besides pretty lunches, is weight loss. So here goes!

No comments: